front porch gable Roof Issue

Hello all,

I'm trying to duplicate the elevation of the attached hand drawn looking pic. I'm using Home Design Pro 2014. Trouble I'm having is with the gable that creates the front covered porch. I'm also extremely new at using this program although I've made my way through most of the online tutorials. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front elevation.jpg 
Views:	769 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	13887

Name:	1st floor.JPG 
Views:	300 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	13888

Name:	front elevation pro.JPG 
Views:	422 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	13889

Part of the power of having Home Designer Pro is resident in its manual roof tools but to really use that power takes lots of study and practice relative to how to use those tools to get done what you want done.
    You learn how to use the tools and then create the roofs you need and want, pre-settings in walls alone are the limiting factor, then manual procedures take over.

These videos may be of some help to you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_8bjPEehyk

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sq=manual+roof&o=U

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

David,

First; Thank you very much for your quick reply.
    I don't think I was as clear about the problem as I should have been. The front porch gable starts 4' in front of the front porch wall (wall with front door), this creates the covered porch. So i'm having trouble manufacturing a gable wall out in the middle of that front porch with no wall to associate it with. I hope that's clear as mud!

I've tried the Gable roof line tool. I've tried putting an invisible wall out where i need the gable to start. I feel like I've exhausted all assistance that the tutorials on the home designer website can give me. I've spent hours and hours trying to figure this out. I just thought you should know, so you didn't think I'm one of these people who run into a little bump and immediately ask for help. Thank you again for any assistance you can offer.

Ryan

P.S. Thought you should know the link you posted for the 2nd video didn't work. Just in case that would have answered my question. thanks again
    Home Designer Pro 2014

The second link was to a page that contained several other videos I have done that demonstrate manual roof editing, they are still there on my You Tube Channel and they are free, all my videos are searchable by content.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

cool, thanks i'll check them out.
    Home Designer Pro 2014

You can check to see the loction of your gable walls in the Attic view plan. Many times it is as simple as adjusting the length of an existing gable wall to extend further as desired. In your case you can drag the gable out over the porch. The program will take care of the rest.