Thread: Snap problems

Snap problems

When I turn on the snap feature for dimensioning, the end points snap to a fictitious point not on the objects on my drawing, like the ghost of a snap grid that is not turned on. How can I get the dimensioning feature to snap to the actual objects on my drawing? HDPro 10
    HDPro 10

I always turn off "Grid Snaps" when I work (I do not consider them useful), otherwise, you just learn how to make things happen.
    One of the first lessons new persons must learn is that the software works as it is designed to work as opposed to how we might like it to work, finding out by study and practice what it does and does not do and working with what it does do.
    Part of the learning curve is finding out what to use when and why and not expecting it to do something it was not designed to do.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

I turned the snap angle on and the grid off and now I seem to be able to dimension the way I want.
    The dimension lines are horizontal or vertical and aren't giving me odd numbers because my lines were off from the vertical & horizontal.
    Thanks
    Barbara
    HDPro 10