Adding a Porch with a Shed Roof

I've got my house design, and roof, pretty much how I want it, except I'm having trouble adding a porch with roof. The porch roof is to start just behind the left hand gable, and have a 5:12 shed roof going up to the 8:12 roof behind it on the main porch. (picture attached, expected outline of porch is in red)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Porch.jpg 
Views:	473 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	13892

I've tried adding the front of the porch as an invisible wall, and specifying the slope, but it completely screws up the rest of the roof (picture attached).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Porch Roof.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	13893

I have to say, that roof design using this program (Home Designer Architectural) is a real pain.

Anyhow, any idea on how to get this roof in there? The only thing I've gotten that works half decent is to forget the roof, and put in a sloped soffit and paint it like a roof!

I think this You Tube video perfectly illustrates what I mean, in terms of persistence and exactitude, I do hope you find the video of use and help to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hbXb...ature=youtu.be

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

I wrote a long, detailed response, but don't seem to have actually posted it.

Bottom line, is thanks a bunch for taking the time to do this. Perseverance pays off, and I eventually got the results I wanted. Thanks again.