Can't get exported DXF files to open in AutoDesk 2012

Home Designer Pro 2012

When I export floor plans to DXF files, the blue print store claims it can't open the files. They get an error. I noticed this also on Home Designer Architectural too, but was hoping now that I upgraded to Pro, the export feature would be more bullet proof.

I notice that the export function has lots of features to check or uncheck, but apologetically, most of that is Greek to me.

Does anyone have any advice on how to configure the file so it can be more reliably opened in either AutoCad or AutoDesk.

I'm guessing it's something simple but I'm unsure where to start.

Home Designer (any title that exports dxf) exports the LATEST AutoCAD version. Your print service must be using an older AutoCAD version for them to be having that particular problem.

The exported file can be opened by the latest version not some old version of AutoCAD. Only in Chief Premier can you preset which AutoCAD version to export to and I stopped doing that years ago because it is not fool-proof like using PDF for printing.

To avoid that entire garbage pale of wasted time, print your plan views to Adobe PDF, any fool print service can open and print those without a glitch anywhere on Earth.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

thanks its really informative one to be ussed here its a big surprise to see