Default Walls Import

Hi All,

Just started using Chief Architect and its great.
    I have been watching the tutorial video's but I have a few questions that are not covered.

First one should be easy I hope !
    I have a plan with default wall and window types defined, can I import just those wall and window settings to a new plan or do I need to re-define them again in the new plan ??.

I could probably save my old plan as a template but I would need to go through it and delete everything I have designed in it.

More questions later !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arignadesign View Post
    Hi All,

Just started using Chief Architect and its great.
    I have been watching the tutorial video's but I have a few questions that are not covered.

First one should be easy I hope !
    I have a plan with default wall and window types defined, can I import just those wall and window settings to a new plan or do I need to re-define them again in the new plan ??.

I could probably save my old plan as a template but I would need to go through it and delete everything I have designed in it.

More questions later !!

Thanks
    This forum is for users of Home Designer versions. If you have Chief Architect (premier etc.) you want to go to:Chief Talk www.chieftalk.com/forum
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”

BB Boy rightly points out that this forum's purpose is to support users of Home Designer Software by Chief Architect Inc.

As to your question about Chief Premier use, yes, you can set up your Preferences for general function and set up and customize your plan and layout templates to reflect your exact wishes for countless settings and objects.

Look up "Profile Plan" in the Help Files for exact data about what I am alluding to.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook