Stem Wall WILL NOT Stay In Correct 'Butt Wall' Position

I created a first floor. Then I did an Automatic Build Foundation. Then I had to break some walls because the garage has a 42" high block foundation wall versus the rest of the house having 8" concrete foundation walls.

In order for ALL foundation walls to be positioned correctly under the first floor it is necessary for me to MOVE OUTWARD the foundation walls 1/2" (to compensate for the thickness of the exterior insulation board on the exterior walls).

HOWEVER, when I do so everything goes haywire with a particular stem wall. Please refer to the attached pictures to support the following explanation.

Stem1.jpg shows that the 4' long Block Stem wall CORRECTLY butts against the 8" foundation basement wall.

Stem2.jpg shows how the 4' long Block Stem wall increases in length by 4" when the 19' 4" measurement is changed to 19' 4 1/2".

What the heck???????? Why did that happen?

Looking at Stem3.jpg and Stem4.jpg notice the same thing happens when the 29' 11 1/4" measurement is changed to 29' 11 3/4".

Again --- What the heck???????? Why did that happen?

Stem5.jpg represents the same area of concern as it is drawn on the 1st Floor and from which the Automatic Build Foundation was performed.

I have tried to drag the handles of the 4' stem wall down to re-intersect the concrete foundation correctly - but to no success.

Can anybody help me with what I am doing wrong?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stem1.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	14073Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stem2.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	14074Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stem3.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	14075Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stem4.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	14076Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stem5.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	14077
    Dekade

Designer
    Indiana, USA
    Home Designer Pro 9.6.1.1
    Windows 7 as of 03/2012; Works much faster than in XP; VERY Pleased!

I believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit and I am
    always at peace as I daily follow their teachings.

It looks like the wall didn't move, yet the dimension lines went from the outside wall of the foundation in pic 1, then dimensioned to the center of the 8" wall in pic 2. Maybe adjust how your dimensions are calculated? That would be the 4"

Rookie65,

Respectfully, Sorry, But - you have not studied the photos close enough. The wall did move. Your dimension suggestion is appreciated but it is not the solution nor is it connected to the issue.
    Dekade

Designer
    Indiana, USA

Dekade,
    I was just trying to help & I don't think the tone of your reply was necessary. If it wasn't the fix, let it go. No one needs to be chastised for replying to your question with what they have noticed.

Dekade,
    I was just trying to help & I don't think the tone of your reply was necessary. If it wasn't the fix, let it go. No one needs to be chastised for replying to your question with what they have noticed.
    Ditto, nothing is more rude than being chastized for freely offering help to another.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

PLEASE - wait just a minute!!!

I apologize to anyone that was offended. Your replies to me are not fair - PLEASE read on. I rewrote the post reply 5 times to make certain that I was wording things in a way that would not offend anyone. I realize how on edge the people in this world are. NO WAY ON THIS EARTH would I hurt someone or even want to or even try to. I'm almost eccentric that way.

I am not going to attack both of you for your replies to me. That is not my character. I am replying to both of you out of sincerity.

Here is the result of this whole post ... I am so sorry for offending anyone. As I said I rewrote it 5 times to make certain that I would not offend anyone. My bold lettering was to emphasize something - not to point a finger and accuse someone of stupidity. I am an emphatic person and an enunciated individual. Please read me that way.

As I reviewed my post I still do not see anything that should of hurt someone. I am really stunned. But I am not going to say I was right/correct. I evidently offended people - therefore I cannot be right.

The damage now lays as follows. I am now guarded as to whether I can be accepted as a good guy or a trouble maker.

It is not below me at all to ask you both for you to forgive me for the fact that I evidently hurt/offended you.

Rookie65 - I am so sorry you read me the wrong way.

David - to you I also am sorry.

To the both of you -

1st - Can you accept my request to be forgiven for a wrong?
    2nd - Would you mind just chatting for a moment with me and tell me what it was that I needed to correct to make the post non offensive.
    3rd and final - will you help me, if you accept my apology from sincerity, try to solve my original post problem?

PLEASE REPLY TO ME. I do not want to have enemies at this time of the year - or any other time - for that matter.
    Dekade

Designer
    Indiana, USA

PLEASE - wait just a minute!!!

I apologize to anyone that was offended. Your replies to me are not fair - PLEASE read on. I rewrote the post reply 5 times to make certain that I was wording things in a way that would not offend anyone. I realize how on edge the people in this world are. NO WAY ON THIS EARTH would I hurt someone or even want to or even try to. I'm almost eccentric that way.

I am not going to attack both of you for your replies to me. That is not my character. I am replying to both of you out of sincerity.

Here is the result of this whole post ... I am so sorry for offending anyone. As I said I rewrote it 5 times to make certain that I would not offend anyone. My bold lettering was to emphasize something - not to point a finger and accuse someone of stupidity. I am an emphatic person and an enunciated individual. Please read me that way.

As I reviewed my post I still do not see anything that should of hurt someone. I am really stunned. But I am not going to say I was right/correct. I evidently offended people - therefore I cannot be right.

The damage now lays as follows. I am now guarded as to whether I can be accepted as a good guy or a trouble maker.

It is not below me at all to ask you both for you to forgive me for the fact that I evidently hurt/offended you.

Rookie65 - I am so sorry you read me the wrong way.

David - to you I also am sorry.

To the both of you -

1st - Can you accept my request to be forgiven for a wrong?
    2nd - Would you mind just chatting for a moment with me and tell me what it was that I needed to correct to make the post non offensive.
    3rd and final - will you help me, if you accept my apology from sincerity, try to solve my original post problem?

PLEASE REPLY TO ME. I do not want to have enemies at this time of the year - or any other time - for that matter.
    Dekade

Designer
    Indiana, USA

Dekade,
    You're falling all over yourself with the apology. Please let it go.
    Am I offended, no. Am I "on edge", no. I have other things that I need to put my energy into. I really don't understand how you can say you write a reply like that 5 times & not think it sounds demeaning to someone? That it had to be written over that often so as to "not offend anyone" makes one wonder if you have been called out on it before. There are a couple of things that may help you. First, whenever a sentence starts with "I mean no disrespect" or the like, you know you are about to get slammed by the person who says it. There is also an old train of thought that if you have something to write & aren't sure how it may come across, you put it aside for a while & later on look at it with fresh eyes as if you were the recipient getting a note out of the blue.
    I don't think what you said needs forgiveness, as it was not a hurtful gesture., yet to make peace so you can relax & enjoy yourself on this forum, I am fine with the whole thing.
    As far as an option to the original post issue, could it have been a difference in stem wall heights when it was re-done between the 2 walls that put the footing below the house wall? Just a guess. I am sure the answer will be something basic, as I have found when I have posted a question & been given help & suggestions.

Rookie65,

Thank you.
    Dekade

Designer
    Indiana, USA

You are very welcome.

On software forums it is common to take awhile to get your point communicated to others so they understand what you are asking. No one understands your particular problem better than you do.
    It is not perhaps as obvious to others as it is to you as it is your quandry and concern. Just keep in mind that no one here is paid to be interested in your problems so it is incumbent upon you to make it clearly understood to others who might wish to help you.
    I an and was not offended, I just tend to decry rude, insensitive behavior which we all have bouts of due to the stresses of Life.

Honestly, I have carefully looked at your posted images and all I see is misaligned walls. If I do not like the default way the software aligns walls, I manually edit them so I do like the alignment.

New users tend to personify the software because they do not yet understand how it works or how it can be made to work, they think of it as an adversary with a "mind" of its own. I assure you that the software is merely mechanical and inarticulate, it only follows guidance and control that you employ until you get the results you need and want.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

David,

Thank you so much for your reply. Home Designer Pro is a different breed - that is for sure. That said it remains a great deal of fun to work with and learn. I have worked all the last 15 years of my life with 2D CAD programs in the business where I used to function as the CEO. I understand what is behind HDPro but it is tough to learn all the functions that create a - so to speak - "audit trail" to one another.

I am now retired and simply use Home Designer Pro for entertainment and application on my families projects.

Your last reply post to me about a month ago advising me to just keep pluggin' away at things was one I took to heart and really have applied since then.

However, I kept plugging away at the problem of this post originally until I could not go anywhere else but the forum.

Point of interest: Yes the walls ARE misaligned. It is replication of the way their house was built. Our father was a custom stick home builder for 50 years here in our county. Why on earth another builder would misalign a garage block wall with the house concrete foundation is beyond me. But - they did. So I was trying to replicate it.

THE GOOD NEWS. After the rocky road part of this post went by I went back to working on the issue of replication of the way things actually are. I used the Break Wall tool and broke all of the block garage walls away from the concrete basement walls. Then I used the wall handles to pull them completely away from the concrete basement walls. Then I disconnected the basement concrete walls and used their handles to drag them way back away from one another. Then - for what seemed like forever - I kept reattaching and pulling apart walls in different sequences until a sequence of reattaching resulted in the 48" long wall staying put and acquiring perfect replication of a real field situation.

Again, like I told you about a month ago, I appreciate your candor. People like you have an outstanding knowledge base relative to Chief Architect. Definitely an envy factor on my part.

As for myself I appreciate your free advice to me and those of us that don't know the software as well. It is EXTREMELY apparent that you have desire to teach those of us on this forum. OTHERWISE - why would you as a business man (as announced by your forum signature) - give up you business hours to provide that free help? For me - it has never went unnoticed. Same with some of the others on this forum, but, I can't remember their user id's right at the moment to make mention of them.

Thanks again for your reply, replies, bits of knowledge offered, and pushing me personally to not be lazy but to get in there and WORK the program. And yes - I AM A WORDY GUY! Talk way too much don't I?

Kindest Regards,
    Dekade

Designer
    Indiana, USA