Threaded View

Stem Wall WILL NOT Stay In Correct 'Butt Wall' Position

I created a first floor. Then I did an Automatic Build Foundation. Then I had to break some walls because the garage has a 42" high block foundation wall versus the rest of the house having 8" concrete foundation walls.

In order for ALL foundation walls to be positioned correctly under the first floor it is necessary for me to MOVE OUTWARD the foundation walls 1/2" (to compensate for the thickness of the exterior insulation board on the exterior walls).

HOWEVER, when I do so everything goes haywire with a particular stem wall. Please refer to the attached pictures to support the following explanation.

Stem1.jpg shows that the 4' long Block Stem wall CORRECTLY butts against the 8" foundation basement wall.

Stem2.jpg shows how the 4' long Block Stem wall increases in length by 4" when the 19' 4" measurement is changed to 19' 4 1/2".

What the heck???????? Why did that happen?

Looking at Stem3.jpg and Stem4.jpg notice the same thing happens when the 29' 11 1/4" measurement is changed to 29' 11 3/4".

Again --- What the heck???????? Why did that happen?

Stem5.jpg represents the same area of concern as it is drawn on the 1st Floor and from which the Automatic Build Foundation was performed.

I have tried to drag the handles of the 4' stem wall down to re-intersect the concrete foundation correctly - but to no success.

Can anybody help me with what I am doing wrong?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stem1.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	14073Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stem2.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	14074Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stem3.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	14075Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stem4.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	14076Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stem5.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	14077
    Dekade

Designer
    Indiana, USA
    Home Designer Pro 9.6.1.1
    Windows 7 as of 03/2012; Works much faster than in XP; VERY Pleased!

I believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit and I am
    always at peace as I daily follow their teachings.