Hybrid View

Smile wondering about Chief Architect

I use chief architect's 97 now wondered if anyone else has used chief and if so what are some of the differences between chief and better homes and gardens
    Last edited by Leanne; 03-17-2008 at 09:32 AM. Reason: not sure

Mike
    Same company..
    Just price and how much more each version will do..
    You get what you pay for...

Chief 97 is so old that I'm betting even the cheaper BHG versions are "better" and have more features.

There are comparison matrix's on the BHG and CA websites, print them off and study them and you can see what features each version offers.

Then post some questions, here and on chieftalk forum so that you can make the final decision.
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

You sure cannot go wrong upgrading from CA97 to anything newer. I have used CA 6 and still use CA 8. I also use BHG HD Pro 6 and 7 and both of those, in my opinion, offer quite a bit more than CA 8, let alone CA 97! It is also true that any of the consumer versions of BHG have much more features than 97. Check out the comparison matrices yourself and you (like I was) will be amazed at the power these programs now have.

Good Luck!!
    Jim

As a minimum, I think that you should upgrade to HD Pro 7. Depending on what you use the program for, you might want to upgrade to Chief Architect Version 10. For instance, if you draw plans for a living, I think you will be much happier with Chief. You might want to download the Chief demo and compare it your Chief 97.