wall framing disappeared

Per advise from tech support, I created parapet walls above a single story building with short walls on a second floor. Specified those walls as solid railings. When I used the eyedropper to apply a stucco material to the top rail of those walls, all the wall framing in the plan disappeared in 3D views. (except perspective framing view) How do I reverse this? I didn't notice this until after numerous other operations. Apparently, undo is not sequentially retroactive. As I was just finishing last details of a model, I am surprised that I could make a global change without warning. Especially when advised to do so by tech support. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David Stewart
    Chrysalis Living Designs
    HD Pro

The most common cause of groups of objects disappearing is the layer of the missing objects has been unchecked (turned off, usually by accident). The First thing I would check for is to check Display Options WHILE still in the camera view (there is a different Display Options for Plan view, and each camera view has its own Display Options, so framing will then show in the framing overview but not other camera views. Check for that first.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook