Doll House View Not Working Properly - HDP 2014

I have HDP 2014. When I select the dollhouse view my design appears very tiny for some reason. See attached. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Doll House View.jpg 
Views:	670 
Size:	195.6 KB 
ID:	14260I have to always zoom in and adjust the view. Then, when I select Mouse Orbit Camera it does not behave the way Orbit normally does. Instead it behaves more like the Dolly Camera selection. I only have this problem with this particular file. I have no idea what is going on. This just started happening. Please help. Thanks.
    HD Pro 8.0 User

That camera tool is programmed to include all 3D objects in the plan view. Sometimes one can accidentally create a tiny segment of wall or some such out away from the house and that tiny segment gets then "included" as part of the overview so your camera viewpoint is forced way out away from the main structure.

Find the unwanted segment or object and delete it to return the behavior you are used to and that you want. You just look for the unwanted object, find it and delete it to return the default behavior.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

And if that's not the problem?

That is the only reason you get such results. Find the errant object, delete it and your camera views will return to normal. In the mean time you can use marquee-zoom to get closer to your structure.
    Finding and eliminating the unwanted object or objects is the only answer.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by David J. Potter View Post
    That is the only reason you get such results. Find the errant object, delete it and your camera views will return to normal. In the mean time you can use marquee-zoom to get closer to your structure.
    Finding and eliminating the unwanted object or objects is the only answer.

DJP
    I can zoom in, but the drawing has artifacts and the camera movement is very hard to control since the central pivot point is not at the house.

The problem is the perimeter which is much larger (in two directions) than the house. How should I handle removing the perimeter and getting it back? It seemed to make sense to me (I just purchase the program) to 'build' the land first before building the house. Maybe that's not the way to go.

I appreciate your help.

While in the Doll House camera view, open "Display Options" for that camera view and un-check (turn off) "Terrain Perimeter" or any other object layer you do not want to see in that camera view.
    Each software mode of view (plan view, camera views, section camera views, reference view) each has their own "Display Options" to selectively view or not view objects by alphabetic list of grouped objects.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Quote Originally Posted by David J. Potter View Post
    While in the Doll House camera view, open "Display Options" for that camera view and un-check (turn off) "Terrain Perimeter" or any other object layer you do not want to see in that camera view.
    Each software mode of view (plan view, camera views, section camera views, reference view) each has their own "Display Options" to selectively view or not view objects by alphabetic list of grouped objects.

DJP
    To make this work I have to uncheck the Terrain Perimeter in the standard view. The camera view just determines whether it shows or not.

Thanks for the help. There is a lot to learn here.