Thread: Wall height

Threaded View

Whoa, did somebody get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning (and at 3:37AM no less)? Hey, I’m just trying to pump a little life into this place. It’s like a morgue around here. I think the original poster raised a legitimate question. Of course we all have to adapt to the idiosyncrasies of the software. That is a given with all applications. That doesn’t mean that we can’t voice our displeasures or concerns with how the software functions. It seems to me that over time you may have lost sight of exactly what a forum is.

forum (ˈfɔːrəm)

— n , pl -rums , -ra
    1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
    2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
    3. a public meeting place for open discussion

If the response to every question is “go back and study some more” then what is the point of having a forum?

David, I can appreciate the many years you have invested in becoming a skilled user of the software and you couldn’t pay me enough to perform the valuable service you provide here on a daily basis. That being said, do we really have to have a 20+ year learning curve to be proficient with the software? Perhaps if default settings reflected values that are actually used in the real world and were located in logical locations it wouldn’t take so long to become productive. You help make my point by noting that wall height can be adjusted in several locations. Why on earth would the “Walls” Default Settings not be one of them?

As for you suggestions for future career paths, I have done quite nicely pursuing less speculative ventures than software design, thank you, which is why I can afford the luxury of owning high end software and have the time to participate in discussions such as this.