Custom knobs and handles

I am able to import 3D objects to my User catalogue, but I'm not able to select those objects as knobs and/or handles for my drawers/doors in my kitchen cabinets. Is there a way to do this?

Any help is appreciated!

--
    Thomas

What software do you have?

What, exactly did you download and from where please?

Can you see the objects in the Library Browser but are you being denied use of them?

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by David J. Potter View Post
    What software do you have?
    What, exactly did you download and from where please?
    Can you see the objects in the Library Browser but are you being denied use of them?
    I have Home Designer Architectural 2014, but will most likely upgrade to professional as it contains some features I want for other parts of my plans. I can see the object in the User catalogue in the Library Browser, but not when I try to use it as a knob/pull on the base cabinets. I can place the object as an object in the room.

This is where I downloaded it:
    http://teccad.hafele.com/Default.asp...tNr=115.70.002

(I chose Alias Wavefront Obj as file format to be exported to, and downloaded the resulting obj from the page they pointed me to).

--
    Thomas

I doubt that you will get a decent answer here, you should ask this exact question of Tech Support, they know exactly what will and will not be compatible with their various software (upgrading to Pro or Premier may or may not solve importing symbols and objects from that website, I really do not know).

There is a lot more selection of objects available to pro and even more so with Premier. I am not familiar with the website you tried to use, I am familiar with 2D Warehouse, bonus and manufacturer libraries available via Chief Architect Inc's websites, I rarely need any other destinations to get my work done.

Symbols must be made with 2D faces (not all are and those that are not constructed of 3D faces cannot be made to work in any Chief Inc software).

In any case, I wish you well.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook