different wall colors for new and existing construction

see other thread of same title
    Last edited by joeybuilder; 02-03-2014 at 07:45 PM. Reason: duplicate thread already in place

Far as I can tell, selecting one, say, interior partition and changing its color results in same color being applied to all interior walls.
    You have observed the default behavior correctly. Part of learning the software is finding out for yourself what it does and does not do (is not programmed to work as we might it like to be, it is as and how it is).

I do a lot of remodeling plans professionally, what I do is to make an "as built" of the existing house or area of the house (that depends upon the scope of desired work).
    Then Make a "save as" copy of that as-built plan to make or start creating the desired changes. You then have the as-built to compare and show so people can clearly see what changes. The as-built plan usually then becomes the demo plan where I add notes and other 2D CAD to indicate, in plan view what walls are to be demo'ed and torn out.

That method works for me and I recommend it to you. If you have Home Designer Pro, look under the "Build" drop-down menu under "Wall-Hatch Wall" and look up "Hatch Wall" in the "Help files and or Reference Manual" and study how to properly use the tool, then practice using it in a SIMPLE TEST PLAN till you are certain how it does and does not work, then apply it to your as-built plan to halo your demo walls that are to come out.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook