Landscape stone wall

Good day all,

My name is Marc. I am a home owner. I have started using HomeDesigner PRO since last April.
    The main purpose of using HomeDesigner is to help me prepare and visualize few projects I have for my house.
    The first project consists in the preparation of the plans for the new Veranda I want to build in my backyard.
    I have spent, so far, many hours learning and watching videos and scanning through this site for help.
    I have reached I think a dead end in what I am trying to complete and looking for some hint on how to proceed with few issues.
    As the first issue, I am trying to represent a small wall as a retaining wall. The issue I have is with the texture of the top layer stone and its side.
    Picture "Wall"(next)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wall.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	14306
    shows the little wall separating the top level patio area and the pathway going downhill. As you can see the side texture is fine but the top (floor) should look like picture the next picture (muret permacon)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	muret permacon.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	14305
    where you can see the top texture is different than the side.

I have used the polyline converted to Slab this feature does not offer a different material nor texture possibility for the vertical texture (wall) and the horizontal face (floor or top plan).
    I think that is my first mistake but what would be a better approach?

Many thanks to those who can feedback some solution.

I will post new threads on some issue I have with the pool steps.

Regards,

Marc

Go to the Home Designer website - support area and then go to the Content area - Manufacturer content - cultured stone Manufacturer library, it gives you lots of choices for various stone materials to use, it does not matter that they are "cultured" stone, it looks like stone.

DJP
    Last edited by David J. Potter; 02-09-2014 at 02:15 PM.

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Thank you David for your suggestion.

I click to your "Content Area" link and downloaded the stone & brick catalog. I got a *.catcom file.
    I tried to import it as library and got the "The library import has completed successfully. None of the items from the imported libraries could be read by this version"... when I tried to import it in HD PRO

Marc

Is it the wall top cap you want to simulate?
    In the example I used 2 soffits (or polylines could be used). One is thick and the other is very thin.
    For the thick piece I used: (found in the library materials) siding/stucco/grey-rough.
    For the thin soffit I used: (library) masonry&stone/concrete/walls/concrete3.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wall cap.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	14308  
    JoAnn

HD Architectural 10
    HD Suite 6 & 7

Yes JoAnn, it is very close to what I am looking for.

I was thinking of creating a block (thick) which can represent the "side/wall" texture and a thinner one (1/16" thick) with the top texture.

Then I would group them and create an architectural block and save it to my library.

Can an architectural block be re-size like a polyshape?

Marc