Question Showing Land Outside My Lot

A search didn't find anything that seemed like this, so:

Okay, I started by making a Terrain Perimeter the actual size and shape of my lot. But of course, there is a right-of-way in front of the lot between it and the street, so I increased the terrain perimeter to include that. Then I wanted to show the entire road, so dragged the outline to include the entire raod. That worked fine, but:

1) I have lost any marks that actually show my legal property line.

2) More important, I'd like to add neighboring lots, and very rough representations of those houses on the outside, so as to get a good view of my house in relation to the neighbors. But I'd like to keep my lot outline at least optionally visible, in 3D as well as 2D.

It appears that the Terrain Perimeter, which is what is shown in 3D view, can only have one size/shape/specification. I guess I'm then wanting to define "lots" on that perimeter. Any ideas?

Make the property lines using 2D CAD lines or closed poly-lines on top of the terrain plane.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Well, I'd kind of like those lines to show up on the 3D view, as well. Maybe not be real noticeable, but still to show where my boundary is.

You will then have to upgrade to Chief Premier to do that, sorry. Sometimes you have to choose what is more important. I suppose you could make the property lines out of skinny soffits in Pro (never tried that but would work provided your property lines are straight not curved.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

I could to the same thing with narrow landscape beds. I tried a large "bed" the same size as my actual lot, but had a few problems with it. What I think I'm going to do is create a "bed" on each side of my lot which encompasses my neighbors' lots, with slightly different grass (I water more, of course), then increase the terrain perimeter to include both my lot and neighboring lots. I can even make a bed representing the natural area behind my house, using natural bedding materials. I think that will work, and I don't have to touch my actual lot area, which looks like I want it to.