Still need roof help!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	floor plan.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	190.8 KB 
ID:	14354Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front elev.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	159.1 KB 
ID:	14355Click image for larger version. 

Name:	left  elev.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	14356
    Hello,
    After 2 days of trying to figure this out & still not there. hopefully these pictures will explain better what I am trying to do. I need to have a roof over the 1st floor/garage the goes below the twin window over the garage. then i need to have a 9/12 pitch roof over the main house. I can get that part, yet every time i draw it, it become one roof & the room over the garage gets lost.

Post a copy of your plan file either here or Dropbox, Google or other file sharing service and I will do a video of fixing it. From just the images you have posted, you need to study the articles found in the "Build Roof Dialog - Roof Styles" tab for how to create the roofs you need and want, otherwise share the plan and I will help or figure it out yourself with the Help Files and Reference Manual please.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Is this what you are trying to achieve? If so....

Your garage appears to have a depth of about 13'. Were you planning to only park bicycles in there?
    A more realistic depth would be at least 20', and that makes for a VERY shallow pitch, probably not
    suitable for regular shingles. You will also need to lower the garage finished ceiling to about 102" (which is probably minimal)
    to assist the pitch.
    Open the wall spec (roof tab) of the garage door wall and the back wall (of the skinny room) and set the roof pitch to less than 3/12. It has to be this shallow in order for it to build below the twin window.
    The far left wall is, of course, set as 'gable'. Easy peasy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roof1.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	14357   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roof2.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	14358  
    JoAnn

HD Architectural 10
    HD Suite 6 & 7

Thank you JoAnn. The plan you show is what I am trying to do. The floor plan I attached was of the second floor w/the reference display of the 1st floor below. The garage has interior measurements of 21' x 23' approx. The first floor needs to be 9' ceilings at the family room. When I tried previously to lower the garage ceiling, the 2nd floor above dropped down as well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st floor.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	180.0 KB 
ID:	14359Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2nd floor.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	175.6 KB 
ID:	14360

Aha! Your floor plan enabled me to trace the dimensions correctly. The procedure is still the same, EXCEPT for the garage.
    Draw invisible walls (in the garage) aligned with the second floor walls. THEN select the main garage area and lower the finished ceiling.
    A roof pitch of 4/12 seems to work good.

Inside the garage, increase the ceiling finish J (thickness) within the invisible room. I found 27.75" to be a perfect blend with rest of the garage ceiling.

I also had an unsightly floor platform? visible on one of the invisible walls. I opened the wall dbx and included a check in the box for 'beam',
    and that eliminated the artifact.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roof3.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	14364  
    JoAnn

HD Architectural 10
    HD Suite 6 & 7

Thank you JoAnn! On my ride to work this morning I got to wondering if invisible walls somewhere may have fixed that. I will be working on that soon & am relieved to be able to get closer to finishing this job. Thank you all for the help. Gotta love having this forum to ask questions & get great help.