Hybrid View

Keith, have you imported any third-party symbols from non-Chief Architect Inc sources?

I recently read a thread (post) on Chief Talk where similar phenomena was observed and Tech Support narrowed it down to a 3D Warehouse symbol that was poorly constructed by its author and caused the lags.

When the symbol was repaired (In Chief Architect Premier) the lags vanished. Over the years, I have seen this reoccur and to have similar descriptions and solutions.

In my experience (twenty years plus) with this software an accumulation of short-falls (poor wall connections, too many-unnecessary wall breaks, roof planes that cross over each other or have unnecessary line-edge breaks, dialog box settings set in argument with system defaults, etc generally things not methodically done and laid out) an accumulation of these sorts of things can unbalance and or corrupt a plan file's performance.

But a corrupt or poorly made symbol can do this faster than other sources.

Check for that and see if it does not improve performance as you find and eliminate them.

A plan file, if opened in an application like Microsoft Word and in fact is merely a document of prose, like a book or story. If the author has used care with his grammar and syntax, then the story flows and if poor grammar and syntax is used it lags, crashes and displays poor results, so it is incumbent upon the end user to learn and apply proper "grammar" and "syntax" so that their story then flows smoothly on being read per unit of time.

DJP
    Last edited by David J. Potter; 03-02-2014 at 08:15 AM.

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook