Threaded View

Is this a matter for Tech Support or can someone on the forums tell me...

...why using the software has become increasingly clunky and bordering on the unusable?

The plan I am currently working on is pictured in the attachments. Surely it can't be that the plan is too big for the software to handle properly??

Each operation that I try and do (from moving a cabinet to changing a dimension and everything else in between) takes anything from 8 to 25 seconds to actually happen during which time I just have to sit and stare at the egg timer waiting for it to disappear so that I can continue. Even using the sliders at the bottom and side of the window to move the plan takes as much time but another problem occurs in that sometimes, even if I move the slider by only one or two centimetres my whole plane disappears from view and I have to scroll in and out, up and down and from left to right before I can find it again with the interminable wait described above in between each roll of the mouse wheel or click of the cursor.

I've reached the stage where I don't even want to open my plan any more because of the frustration these long waits cause.

I've checked my memory and note that I still have 213.28GB free of 232.88GB. This incredible slowness only occur es when I am using my HD software. Everything else I do on my computer is working as it has always done.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baron's Yard - ground floor.JPG 
Views:	308 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	14374
    Now using Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. RIP Windows XP
    Home Designer 2014 Pro