no doors, open shelving please.

Hi,
    HD Suite 2014.
    I have searched and found some info (2004) on how to get rid of doors on base cabinets. I have followed the instructions and managed to remove the doors from only the corner cabinet. I cannot get rid of the doors on 2 other cabinets. For some reason the software insists on checking the diagonal door box on these two as well, FYI.
    All I have done is put a corner unit and 2 twenty four inch cabinets to the right of it. I don't want doors! I tried to upload the drawing but the tool says that is an invalid file. It is a good file, saved and closed, also tried with it open just in case. Does this really have to be so difficult, maybe an option for "no doors" as suggested in 2004 could be implemented? That's for another forum though......
    thanks,
    Brian

yes in the cabinet's properties ( select cabinet>open object) on the FRONT Tab under Face Items click the down arrow and select the Item number you need eg no#4, item type will enable as "right door" for eg., click that down arrow and chose "opening" and then go to the "specify shelves" button to set that up too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no door cabinets 2.png 
Views:	262 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	14470

Name:	no door cabinets.png 
Views:	257 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	14468
    Last edited by Kbird; 03-24-2014 at 09:04 PM.
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5

Thanks,
    but all I get is a box with doors, no handles. I'm thinking it this damn "diagonal door" checkmark that is screwing things up.

I cleared the area, deleting all of the stuff on the right. I added a cabinet on the right, away from anything. I still have this 'diagonal door' check box. How do I get rid of it?? the cabinet is 24" in the middle of a 10 foot wall of nothing. Why diagonal????? I'm sure this is screwing up my shelves.

Spokeshave, I'm not seeing what you are describing. What menu
    are you in when you see the "Diagonal Door" check box? I don't
    see anything like that. Here is one way to delete the cabinet doors
    in HDP'14. Maybe its different in Suite'14.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cabinet Door.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	14477  
    Home Designer Pro 2014

Don't kill your ideas.... Execute them.

yep that's what I wrote to Rich , same in HDPro 10....

there are only two "diagonal" things Brian (Spokeshave) can be talking about........ the diagonal checkbox which indicates the hinge side of the door only....

the only other diagonal check box is the one for corner cabinet only when you want the door on a 45deg. rather than square in the corner
    not sure why you would have a corner cabinet in a 3 cabinet group ,with 2 on the right though. If you don't want the diagonal corner just uncheck the box , then remove the doors as described above.....

Brian...do a "printscreen" with the HDS program selected and paste it in the Paint Program,save image to desktop and post pic here, then we maybe can help some more...

Forum wont upload pics tonite , i'll try later.

****forgot about file size limits 100kb .png and 200kb for .jpgs

M.

Name:	Corner cabinet 1.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	177.9 KB 
ID:	14489Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corner cabinet 2.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	167.4 KB 
ID:	14487Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corner cabinet 3.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	182.6 KB 
ID:	14488
    Last edited by Kbird; 03-30-2014 at 10:51 PM. Reason: add images
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5