Materials list for Deck in Landscape & Deck listing thousands of boards?

I'm new to using the program - I've put together a first try at a deck design, but when I select the deck area in a rectangle and calculate the materials list for the selected area, it lists over 4,000 boards. I've attached a picture of the floor plan and the materials list. Am I doing something wonky, or am I just not reading the materials list correctly?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Materials List.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	14475   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Floor Plan.png 
Views:	295 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	14476  

looks like you are seeing total linear feet and not number of boards. Go into edit/default settings/Structual Member Reporting and change from "total linear length" to one of the other choices that suits your needs. This is how I do it in Hd pro12. I don't know what you are using but assume it would be done the same way.
    pro 2012

the curved deck may have it confused , you have a lot of different width boards there from one deck, hopefully bart's advice will help but I find the materials list to be no where near real world counts usually.
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by barthmv View Post
    looks like you are seeing total linear feet and not number of boards. Go into edit/default settings/Structual Member Reporting and change from "total linear length" to one of the other choices that suits your needs. This is how I do it in Hd pro12. I don't know what you are using but assume it would be done the same way.
    Thanks Bart, that did clear it up. It has a whack of different board lengths listed now, due to the curve I guess, but the number of boards is relatively close.