How to change attic and roof framing

In my attic, at the outer edge of the exterior wall, the bottom of the roof rafters is about even with the top of the attic floor joists. However, HD draws the rafters so the bottoms are even with the top of the wall on the floor below. Is there any way to change the roof rafter heel height?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	framing.jpg 
Views:	718 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	14481

Also, my attic floor has 2x8 floor joists, but HD appears to assume 2x10s or maybe 2x12s. Is there any way to modify the size of the floor joists?

Finally, is there any way to change the size of the roof rafters -- mine are 2x6s?

I'm trying to design an attic build-out involving dormers, and without getting the above items correct, it won't be possible to figure out proper angles and heights.

I'm using HD Suite 2014. If the above are not possible with this edition, please let me know if they can be achieved with the Architect or Pro editions.

Thank you.

Anthony

I don't think Suite allows you to change the size of the framing members can't remember but try the Edit>Defaults>Framing>Framing Defaults DBX if you have one.

when you select the roof plane you should be able to see the Birdsmouth cut depth in the DBX but perhaps Suite only has Auto roofs? so perhaps you can't select the birdsmouth height?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rafters1.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	14485
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5

HD Pro allows for complete manual control of Framing as well as roofing, which makes it more valuable that all other Home Designer titles. These abilities are not free or automatic, they must be learned to be useful but is worth your while.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook