Hybrid View

Oh that's a good tip on the rainbow!! - I've used it to paint before, but only interior walls - never realised you could set the brick sizes - that's excellent!!
    I'll try your trick on the basement floor. At the moment I've got a slab half way up the room! (I've stretched the foundation walls down as they started at the minimum height) so need to fiddle with it a bit more... but that's ok. I remember reading there are some things that automatically happen based on ceiling height, assuming that is why the slab will appear under that room and not the rest.

The other thing I'm really struggling with at the moment, that I'd just like to check my approach on - I've got some curved retaining walls - pic attached - I know what the elevations should be - I want to gain 800mm with each wall and 400mm in slope on the garden in between, so I'm running a terrain line tight against the top and bottom of each wall trying to force things to the heights I want - but it's quite tedious to keep it lined up exactly along the length of the wall and even then I still find the terrain is up and down all over the place along the wall - you can see it in a couple of spots in the picture. Is this the correct thing to do? or am I missing something easy? I've recently found I can set the retaining wall height in 3d/section view - but not sure if that's what I should be doing either.

All the examples of retaining walls I can find are much simpler.... and the walls cut completely across the plan so the terrain seems to end up in natural tiers....where mine are just in the middle and the terrain needs to be battered/blended either side and for some reason the wall doesn't seem to fully break the terrain - the terrain just changes elevation sharply where the wall is but it can be up and down it's not a smooth transition hidden by the wall... I'm probably not explaining it very well, I hope you know what I mean....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Walls.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	14515
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walls2.png 
Views:	283 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	14516

Thanks so much for your help - my email is 00madz at gmail.com if that makes it easier to send me anything

Cheers
    Mick
    Home Designer Pro 2012
    Architectural Home Designer v9