Gap between top of 1st floor walls and attic floor. Bay Window problem?

Hello,
    This is my first post, and I'm very much a beginner, but have spent hours learning the program. I am trying to build a model of our existing home structure. I've noticed a gap in Perspective Full Overview mode between the top of the 1st floor walls and the start of the attic. In addition, above the 1st floor walls, it seems that there's another small wall that starts upwards with different siding than the exterior of the house. I didn't create this small wall, and it seems to force the roof line to start higher, which might be creating the gap.

I've posted a few screenshots of the issue. Another culprit might be the Bay Window, which protrudes above the height of all the other walls in dollhouse view.

Here is the gap between the 1st floor and attic walls:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ranch1 - gap showing.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	14507

Here is the exterior of the bay window. No gap on this side of the house?

Name:	ranch2 - bay window exterior.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	14509

Here is the bay window in dollhouse view:

Name:	bay window.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	14508

I am using Home Designer Pro 2014

Thank you!

This partially caused by not thoroughly setting ALL default settings before starting to create a model (eveyone and I mean everyone does this when learning, not a biggy but is important to correct).

In "Edit - Default Settings - Materials" you set general material settings for "exterior walls and roofs" for instance, if you then do not change them to match the materials settings of the wall types you are using then the manually created walls show their default wall type but the auto-generated attic walls that the software automatically creates as you draw do not match, material-wise as in your posted images.

The moral is that the software will ONLY follow its default settings no matter what they are so it is important for you to make sure they match what you are doing.

The mismatch can be manually corrected of course, a wall at a time, the auto-generated attic walls can be manually aligned and their materials corrected from the "A" or attic level.

You mentioned that you have "spent hours" learning the software (you are preaching to the choir there, I have spent thousands of hours over twenty years and I am still learning). It is that complicated and sophisticated, not to mention FUN.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook