Can't select rooms anymore! Please help.

I've been using Home Designer Architectural 2014 for the last month working on our home design (about 3000 square feet two story). Everything has been working great. I can't understand what happened. Now, when I click on ANY area (any room, deck, garden space, anything), it doesn't select the area but selects the entire house! Even a simple garden outside the house that consists of 4 invisible walls to define it is not selectable (without getting the entire structure along with it!). I can click on objects like furniture though and only get that. It was working fine. The last things I did was add some additional patio areas, changed the external wall texture from default to a vertical siding and then re-built the roof to change it from the default to a metal roof. If anybody has any ideas on what I might of done it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.

After you click on any area and get everything highlighted, have you tried clicking the tab key to see if it will select something else? A picture posted of your highlighted area might help give someone an idea of what is happening.

Also, with your cursor placed real close to a wall, click on the wall and then the tab key. It should show a highlighted area surrounding the house and may help to show if there are any broken wall areas.
    JoAnn

HD Architectural 10
    HD Suite 6 & 7

Thanks JoAnn for your response. I had tried tab and it would always go to selecting everything in the plan. I even tried clicking on the pantry room which is simply 4 enclosed walls embedded in the middle of the home and everything still would select. Anyway, thankfully I fixed it. I zoomed way in and went around the entire perimeter and I found two outer wall that has somehow come apart (they were very close but not connected for some reason). It wouldn't re-connect when I dragged it over so I deleted the wall and drew it again. Everything worked then again as normal. I've had walls not quite touching before and of course that room would not be defined. But why it wouldn't allow selecting any room area in the plan is weird. I'm just assuming it was a bug in the program and it was somehow getting confused and when I fixed that one wall all was ok (thank goodness!).