Thread: Uploading Plans

Uploading Plans

I created plans using HD Pro over a several month period and it was a great way to save myself $1,000's in architect fees as we were able to show the architect the general idea of what we wanted to do. He has now completed the "official" drafts and I'd like to upload those to HD Pro so we can begin working on the interior design, deciding on electrical and other items. Does anyone know how I can take the drawings created by our architect and load them into HD Pro? Thanks in advance.

Why not just take the paper or PDF copy of the plans and draw the plan in HD Pro? That's what I do. I'm not sure if there is an easier method, but good luck!
    Home Designer Pro 9.0
    Chief Premier X6

Quote Originally Posted by kayak4665 View Post
    I created plans using HD Pro over a several month period and it was a great way to save myself $1,000's in architect fees as we were able to show the architect the general idea of what we wanted to do. He has now completed the "official" drafts and I'd like to upload those to HD Pro so we can begin working on the interior design, deciding on electrical and other items. Does anyone know how I can take the drawings created by our architect and load them into HD Pro? Thanks in advance.
    Just ask your Architect if he can share his DXF file, which you can import with HD Pro as a 2D plan file then take it from there.
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”

Depends on the format your Arch. is using , not mentioned yet.... if he is using Chief , he has to set the "enable editing in HD programs button" or something similar so you can open it in Pro.

ok here is the KB article I read a while back

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00516/

and the search I did that mentions the other options your Arch. might have like PDF,DXF etc

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/search...put=xml_no_dtd
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5