Exclamation tent company in need of help!

Hi there, I work at a tent rental company and we use Home Designer Suite 2014 to make tent layouts and we have to piece many pieces together time and time again. I was wondering if there was someway to combine objects and place them in your library as a new whole and not just individual object. It would make my job a whole lot easier. This software is new to us since we have an old version but I took the time to sit down and figure it out. I know this action that I am talking about was possible on the old version we had but I'm not sure if it is now. Someone please help!!!

each version of HD has different features and you signature doesn't tell us what versions you have....

M.
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5

Home Designer pro and Architectural have the ability to make architectural blocks and add them to the library

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...icle/KB-00191/
    Lamina
    Pro 2014
    Pro 2012
    Architectural 9

I don't think that HD Suite has the ability to make architectural blocks and add them to the library, but there is sort of a way around that.

In a new plan, create some of your most commonly used layouts (and you can always add more at any time), and save the plan as your basic template.
    When you need to start a new plan, open the basic plan (vertically tiled) next to the new plan. With the basic plan active, select the layout you want to use by drawing the edit marquee around that group.
    Choose the copy function up in the toolbar/edit (if you try to right click and copy, the group will deselect).

With the new plan active, choose the paste function up in the toolbar/edit. All the objects in the layout should now be in the new plan.

You can move all the objects together as one unit by using the edit marquee again, OR hold down the shift key to select individual items to move as one unit.
    JoAnn

HD Architectural 10
    HD Suite 6 & 7