Basement Wall design lengths

I'm currently working through the design of our next home and would like to ask the home Designer community if they use a standard incremental length for their walls (or Foundation walls). My concern is the construct-ability of the foundation walls. I imagine the forms come in typical lengths. I have read that the foundation walls should be designed to be in 24" increments, but I have not found an overwhelming amount of information on the subject. I have also read that walls (in general) should be designed to be in 4" increments. Does anyone know if a best practices document/resource exists on this subject? I'm also going to ask the same question to some folks in the industry to see what they say.

FYI... My wall construction. 2X6 framing on top of 8" poured concrete foundation wall. The basement walls are planned to be 9' in height.
    Thanks,

John Tunell

Home Designer Pro 2014

The typical standard pre-fab form work comes in equal increments for example 2"X48" for width and height, and 12"X48" or 18"X48". General can make up to any length and height in that combination, using "fillers" cut from plywood should there be any special widths etc., required. Of course, if the contractor doesn't use the typical prefab forms, they usually build what they need with form grade plywood and 2X's as needed.
    Of course you can do a search for concrete form work, etc.
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”

Thanks BB Boy.

Sounds like there is some freedom with exterior dimensions. Would you agree the best practice would be to keep the dimensions even (inches)? This would be an attempt to keep foundation costs down by designing to the capabilities of the pre-fab forms.

Is anyone aware of a good architectural best practice (residential design) resource? I'm interested in all of the little gotchas that can be taken care of in the design phase. Especially items like dimensioning things that allow for easier construction. Thus, reduced cost and hopefully better quality.
    Thanks,

John Tunell

Home Designer Pro 2014

As I understand it the forms used to be for 8' walls and probably now are 9 and 10' height. The forms are probably 18",24" etc to make up the length of the required wall.
    Home Designer Suite 2014