Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by davemurray View Post
    I am using HD Pro 2014.

I am using a concrete block as a framing material. I want to show a bond beam layer in the wall. I have found I can do this by defining a pony wall with the lower section normal blocks, and a top layer as a different block to represent the bond beam. Works ok (though the material list quantities always defy my logic).

Is there a better or more efficient way to do this? I do not want to find later this method leads to other problems.

(if it doesn't matter if the material shows up correctly in the material list, which isn't usually perfect anyway, but can be modified manually to fit the need) and depending on what you actually want to show, the soffit tool might be the best thing, you can set the size and change it's material to the CMU or concrete. You can always add notes in plan, wall sections, other details by using CAD lines and notes for code review, builder/contractor use.

I assume also that any embedded rebar or joist hangars on the bond beam will need to be drawn manually?

For the up close and personal details, I usually do a detail sheet. I like to copy and paste PDF's of selected details you can pull off he web, then "over-draw" them CAD tools, add notes, then select the original PDF and delete it. Of course not to stir a stink.....be sure you don't use the copy write protected sites or versions.
    Last edited by BB boy; 04-23-2014 at 07:41 AM. Reason: clear up
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”

BB,

Thanks. Good idea. I was planning to pull the PDF files in for a few items but never thought of just tracing over them. Thanks for your suggestion.