Hybrid View

David,

I have scoured the reference manual. There are sections that describe how quantities of material are calculated depending on the type. It would be nice if there were reference markers in the plan to the line items in the material list. Then it would be easier to match the plan to the list. Without this and without a lot of experience knowing exactly which setting is driving an item or quantity it is painstaking to track it all down. For example, when I created a modified wall using concrete blocks as the main layer, I find them showing up as roofing material. It took me forever to find that the program was using these for soffits. The only way I found that was one dimension being off from my block dimensions. The software only does what it is told to do, but that is the difficulty. The results are not pitiful, but without the ability to cross check the calculations or review in detail it is hard to trust the output. Another example, I finally learned that if I removed the outer stucco layer in my wall I could see the blocks in cross section, and then I could count layers to see it was right. It should not be this hard.