half wall underneath doorway

I have an open archway door detail about 10' wide. I would like to add a 5' long half wall below the archway but Designer Pro keeps eliminating archway when I add half wall in same place. The half wall supports counter top which is elevated above base cabinet counter so as to make breakfast bar underneath arch detail. Is there a way occupy the same space with doorway and half-wall?

You can place a doorway, arch the doorway and then pull the threshold up with your mouse to then emulate what you want by pulling up the bottom you by that action create the appearance of a half wall, you can then place a custom slab or counter top to emulate the counter on top of the raised threshold.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Suite.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	14583

DJP
    Last edited by David J. Potter; 04-24-2014 at 12:44 PM.

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

further clarification of half wall underneath doorway

Hi David, not sure we're on same topic let me clarify question. Please see attached photo from Home Designer showing half wall underneath arched doorway. I'm looking for exactly this look but every time I place wall underneath (same position) as the doorway, the doorway disappears leaving just the half wall. How do I make my plans look just like picture?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	halfwall under doorway example.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	14589  

You really should take a look at at all the help offered at HomeDesignerSoftware.com

Listed under support/help database. In particular under categories/DOORS/Placing a Railing in a Doorway.
    A railing made solid is merely a half wall.
    This is your solution.

The sample pic you showed is a very poor example by homedesigner. It only tells how to create the wall, and then does NOT explain how to place it in a doorway, as they show.
    Last edited by JoAnn; 04-25-2014 at 02:42 PM.
    JoAnn

HD Architectural 10
    HD Suite 6 & 7