Thread: Solar Panels

Solar Panels

I'm using Suite 2014 and am trying to place solar panels from the Energy Sources bonus package. If I try to place them on the roof in camera view I get an error message that the area is too constricted. The program seems to want to place them only on a flat surface since it will place them on the sundeck and on the ground, but of course that's not where the panels need to go. I also tried placing them on the top floor in 2D floor plan view and that works to an extent - they appear perfectly on the surface of the hipped roof in 3D view, but I can only place them on the floor plan in an area with no other objects - walls, staircases, even furniture. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

If you haven't already attempted this, place the solar panel in an open area on the 2D plan, then select the object (first I would try) while selected hold down the ctrl key/left click and drag and drop the object where you want it. Release, if that doesn't work, select the object, open it's dbx see if it has a "floor to bottom" height and if so, enter a dimension (estimate) that would elevate it above the roof apex. Then in elevation camera, find it, select it (you may have to do a ctrl key drag again) and move it into place.
    Maybe one of these ideas will work for you.
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”

Clicking and dragging didn't work, but that did give me an idea and I copied and pasted which did work. Thanks for the inspiration.