Question Reference for Contour lines on Plot Plan

Good morning! The documentation for HD Pro 2014 shows how to import X,Y,Z data to create contour lines but does not indicate how to set the reference point. I created the perimeter using the data from a deed. Is there a way once the plot is entered to designate which is the "point of beginning" and hence 0,0 for the Cartesian coordinates? Thanks!
    Last edited by kkail; 04-25-2014 at 05:58 AM.

I don't have 2014 but did you try the reference manual as well as the Help Menu? Help>View Reference Manual> will download the PDF for you....

usually XYZ is listed as X=east to west, Y= north to south, Z=elevation but HD can import in 6 different sequences I think but you need to know what format you have, to import it correctly. I would of thought it would all be set "relative" to your terrain height setting eg 0" , after the points are plotted you may need to change the 0" to a negative number to lower the whole terrain or a positive number to raise it until it is correct. The terrain 0" is actually 18" below the main floor of the house to start if you have built a foundation with concrete stem walls ,6' if a slab I think and 12" if no foundation has been built yet.

M.
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5

Mick, thanks for the feedback and yes, I consulted the on-line documentation and other forum articles. It appears that when you create a plot plan, the starting point is 0,0 and what I was hoping to do was to change that reference point after the plan was completed. It appears the easiest way is to reenter the data so that the "point of beginning" is the one I have contour data referenced to. I will just have to be more selective on how I bring the geo data into HDP. Regards, Karl

never done this but cant you delete the current terrain and just import the geodata? does it not set the plot size /shape as well as the heights? and then select the new "plot" and position it correctly around the house plan....you may still need to alter the height as HD Pro uses defaults based off the Main Floor height as mentioned above.

M.
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5