Reversing Floors

I created a two story home and spent considerable time building the 1st floor, but then realized I was actually building the 2nd floor. How can I reverse the floors? If I delete the 2nd floor (which is not developed) I am simply left with the 1st floor. I need to make the 1st floor become the 2nd. Any suggestions?

What software are you using?

When you are logged in to this website, you can do a search (top right corner). Try typing in 'floor paste' or something similar. Open a NEW plan tiled beside your existing plan, and follow the directions.
    I think David Potter did a video on this subject, so you might want to check out his you-tube website.
    Last edited by JoAnn; 04-29-2014 at 09:36 PM.
    JoAnn

HD Architectural 10
    HD Suite 6 & 7

Pro allows you to Delete Floors or Insert Floors under Build>Floors> if you don't have Pro you will need to try the above method.... or ask someone with the same Pro version as you to do it for you perhaps?

M.
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5

If you have the 'edit area' function, you will find it in the top toolbar under edit. I tried it out on a plan, and it worked well.

Open the original plan 1st, then open a new blank plan and vertically tile it beside the older plan.
    At the top tool bar under edit, select 'edit area'. Draw a box around floor 2.
    Back at the toolbar under edit, select 'copy'.

With the new plan active, go to the toolbar edit/paste/paste hold position (click).

Go back to the older plan and move to floor 1. Surround the floor with the edit box and copy (up at the toolbar copy).

Activate the new plan and select Build/floor/build new floor/make new BLANK plan. Select 'OK'.
    NOW go back to the toolbar edit/paste/paste hold position (click).

If the new floor 2 doesn't build correctly, delete the floor and do the paste hold again.

You can also do this with the foundation, and also the terrain elevation lines.
    JoAnn

HD Architectural 10
    HD Suite 6 & 7