How to add Vertical Triangle ceiling section

I have created a custom ceiling using "ceiling plane" but can not fill in the triangle created.

See attached jpegs.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fill ceiling Triangle.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	14607   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fill Ceiling Triangle 2.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	14608  

Different versions have different Tools , you need to state what you have or better put it in you Profile Signature ..see mine ....

But try a cabinet Soffit 1/2" thick.... might work

.M
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5

Thank you Kbird,
    I have Home Designer Pro 2014.
    I had tried a soffit, but it will not go above the defined ceiling.
    Mike

you are using manual ceiling planes right? did you make a roof plane for the ends too? not sure if you can do a vertical pitch if that is a gable end I see though .....

edit:
    I played around with a practice plan (40x30 rect) and couldn't get the end ceiling planes to go vertical ,80deg. seems to be max...( a wall would be 90 deg. I guess)
    but I was able to use a Shape from the library ....Wedge ( on end) made it same width as room , height to bottom at ceiling height ,108" in this case, and made it 96 in tall ,1/2 thick,same colour as drywall, takes a bit of messing in the 3d window but it will go up there unlike the soffit.... shouldn't need to do this if not a gable end though. I think cos of the flat area 1st it doesn't generate the drywall on the end wall as it would if the sloped ceiling continued to the gable end as seen in video tut.#2245

**actually don't make it 1/2 thick till the end , its too hard to find in plan view to move back in forwards in line with your ceiling planes...

M.
    Last edited by Kbird; 05-05-2014 at 02:31 PM.
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5

My comment in the post above, about a 90 deg ceiling plane being a wall made me think .....hmmmm why not try that.....

Although Pro complained about me putting an interior wall in the attic it let me do it to my surprise, I then reshaped it etc to look right in the 3D window, turning on reference display helped line things up as well.
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5

Thanks guys for your help... I've been busy the past few days and will try Kbird's suggestion and the Wedge technique from Mick.
    Mike
    Mike
    Home Designer Pro 2014