Hybrid View

I use a dual boot for some older software as well but also used XP mode in the past just fine , XpMode is there for this kind of circumstance so surprised it doesn't work , Have you installed the Hasp Drivers in Xp Mode and enabled XpMode to use USB and other devices?

I am unsure however if the 3D part of Pro will work well as the video card is emulated I think in the Virtual machine , so I don't know if it will work even if the Hasp is seen after drivers are installed.

Just re-read your post.... did you install Pro in XP Mode or did you install Pro in Win 7 ? FYI....you have to install the software in Xp mode once Xpmode is setup , xpmode is not installed by default in Win7 Pro you must download the files from MS and do that 1st if not, then install HDP7 in WinXP Mode , not Win7....

M.
    Last edited by Kbird; 05-05-2014 at 05:34 PM.
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5

I have the 64 bit version of Win 7 with the XP Mode emulator in Virtual Machine, running on a Dell XPS 8700.

I tried to install Pro 7.0 in the XP mode. It would not recognize the Hardware lock. My understanding is that this is because there is no 64 bit driver for the hardware lock-- the hardware lock needs to be recognized by the Win 7 OS to be activated. I have had similar problems with other 32 bit XP drivers. Even though the XP mode emulation is running 32 bit, drivers for external peripherals need to be 64 bit.

So, a question for trying to run a dual boot with XP on a 64-bit Win-7 machine:
    Which version of XP do I install- 32 bit or 64 bit?
    If I install the 64 bit version of Win XP, won't there still be the driver conflict?

Can I install XP-pro 32-bit OS from an OEM CD for my old Gateway or Toshiba 32-bit machines, or do I need to buy a new 'generic' Win XP 32-bit CD?

Sure would be simpler if Chief Architect or someone would write a 64-bit driver for the HASP hardware lock. For example, I did find a 'hack' of a 64-bit Epson scanner driver that let me run my old Epson 3200 photo scanner in XP mode. Instead of providing a 64-bit driver for the 3200, Epson marketing apparently wanted everyone to throw away their 3200 scanners and buy one of the newer models.....