Threaded View

Colours have gone from crisp and sharp to dull and dirty

I'm sure no one has noticed my absence from the forums and I won't bore you with all the trials and tribulations I have been through since XP support ended, computer crashes etc. the end result of which was the arrival of a brand new unsullied and uncontaminated computer which has Windows 7 Professiona installedl.

Yesterday was the first chance I had to have a look and see if all my plans had survived. Indeed they had although, for some reason, some previous materials choices have been changed (i.e. wall colours) and it will take me quite some time to go through all the plans and correct these changes.

What really struck me though was the difference in colour from when using XP to what I see now in Windows 7. The title of the thread says it all. Where once there was crisp white there is now a dull light grey. Where wooden flooring gleamed it is now dull and lifeless. Dark(ish) colours like "Burnt" used to be warm and cheerful but now they are so dark all definition has been removed.

Is there some setting I should have a look at which will make the colours nice and bright again?
    Now using Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. RIP Windows XP
    Home Designer 2014 Pro