Thread: New Home Talk

Hybrid View

Brian, I opened the link previous, created a new ID as it does not allow me to use the old, so my current thread on this forum will become read only? How do we/can we move a thread to the new CA acct?
    The best method for doing this would be to create a new thread on the new HomeTalk forum and include a link to thread on the old HomeTalk page.

I used a new email for the new Forum without thinking about it but now can't access my Digital Locker , so just wondering how to correct that now , as like you say I have I think 4 different Chief logins and if they are to be merged , how to get them all to come together.... thanks.
    KBird, we can get your account fixed up for you if you contact our customer service department or submit a ticket in the online support center. Be sure to include all the relevant information about the new and existing accounts in your ticket.

Also, I used to always read the chieftalk forum, and found it to be informative and helpful (even for the lesser HD software). I also really enjoyed seeing the images that were posted. NOW, you can't view the pics unless you are LOGGED-IN. So sad, I don't visit there anymore.
    One of the advantages of the new forum is you will be able to use the same logon on Chieftalk as HomeTalk, no need to create separate accounts. Once you are logged into one you are logged into both.
    Brian Beck
    Hometalk Admin
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Beck View Post
    KBird, we can get your account fixed up for you if you contact our customer service department or submit a ticket in the online support center. Be sure to include all the relevant information about the new and existing accounts in your ticket.

One of the advantages of the new forum is you will be able to use the same logon on Chieftalk as HomeTalk, no need to create separate accounts. Once you are logged into one you are logged into both.
    Ooops I already got a new ID over on Chieftalk when you upgraded that forum a couple of months ago so I am I duplicating things?

should I just change the (both) ID email back to the original email ?
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Beck View Post
    So if we already have a new "handle" on the ChiefTalk forum
    how do we use it to create an account on the HomeTalk forum
    so they both will be the same?
    Home Designer Pro 2014

Don't kill your ideas.... Execute them.

As I get older I begin to realise that it is a trait of programmers to make things as difficult as possible for users. Is this something to do with a supposedly "superior" intellect, or what?

"IF your e-mail address is on record a new password will be sent to you". Yes, it is on record. It is the e-mail address to which you send your newsletters so why am I still waiting for this new password 15 minutes after trying the "forgotten password" button??
    Now using Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. RIP Windows XP
    Home Designer 2014 Pro

Right, so now I am trying to follow the orders issued from on high but I am more than confused. What, exactly am I supposed to do? I click on the "sign up" button in the blurb at the head of this page and am taken to Home Talk. I see nothing different apart from a "sign in" and "create account" button (the latter takes you to a CA login page) and when I try to either sign in or create a CA account my login details aren't recognised.
    Now using Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. RIP Windows XP
    Home Designer 2014 Pro

Same with mine. I tried to use a / in my forum name and it would not recognize it. I had to use a - .
    Home Designer Suite 2014

So, Brian; I am pretty DUMB when it comes to computers, one of the reason I hate change when I get use to something working a certain way. I can't figure out how to add info to my signature, the way I already have it on the soon to be dead-home talk forum. Is there a 600 page ref manual to read up how to maneuver in the NEW Hometalk forum?
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”

Quote Originally Posted by BB boy View Post
    ....Is there a 600 page ref manual to read up how to maneuver in the NEW Hometalk forum?
    Bob, its kind of hard to produce a manual
    when you are making it up as you go along.
    Home Designer Pro 2014

Don't kill your ideas.... Execute them.