Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Home Talk

New Home Talk

Not sure why everything related to CA seems complicated to me (I make it that way I suppose) so I followed the link to sign up for a new CA ID. So, BB Boy no longer exist. I had to change every thing to get the new CA ID and "Home Talk" access. New ID is Evolution! Maybe I should have made it Revolution!?
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”

Erm...are we obliged to update to this "new" Home Talk of which you speak are are we allowed to bumble along happily with the current version?

Microsoft caused many headaches for millions with it's XP debacle and quite honestly I don't want to face something similar with CA/HD.
    Now using Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. RIP Windows XP
    Home Designer 2014 Pro

are we obliged to update to this "new" Home Talk of which you speak are are we allowed to bumble along happily with the current version?
    Yes, the current HomeTalk will become a read only archive, at the end of this week(5/16/14).

There are quite a few reasons why we are moving over to a new system, some of them are explained in the post below. One of the bigger reasons is so you can use your Chief login information and Chief ID on all of our Chief Architect web properties. Currently you need a different login for HomeTalk, your Chief Architect Account, Online Support Center, and ChiefTalk/RoomTalk. Once we are finished with this project you will be able to use a single login for everything. We will also be announcing some new web properties soon where your Chief ID will be used.

Another reason is we wanted to move over to a different underlying code base for our user forums. The current HomeTalk is frequently the target of spammers and hackers trying to deface the site. Using our new login system we hope to significantly decrease these occurrences.

http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...HomeTalk-Forum!
    Brian Beck
    Hometalk Admin
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Beck View Post
    Yes, the current HomeTalk will become a read only archive, at the end of this week(5/16/14).

There are quite a few reasons why we are moving over to a new system, some of them are explained in the post below. One of the bigger reasons is so you can use your Chief login information and Chief ID on all of our Chief Architect web properties. Currently you need a different login for HomeTalk, your Chief Architect Account, Online Support Center, and ChiefTalk/RoomTalk. Once we are finished with this project you will be able to use a single login for everything. We will also be announcing some new web properties soon where your Chief ID will be used.

Another reason is we wanted to move over to a different underlying code base for our user forums. The current HomeTalk is frequently the target of spammers and hackers trying to deface the site. Using our new login system we hope to significantly decrease these occurrences.

http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...HomeTalk-Forum!
    Brian, I opened the link previous, created a new ID as it does not allow me to use the old, so my current thread on this forum will become read only? How do we/can we move a thread to the new CA acct?
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”

Hi Brian , I have signed in too and had to create a new ID as well on the new forum , I used a new email for the new Forum without thinking about it but now can't access my Digital Locker , so just wondering how to correct that now , as like you say I have I think 4 different Chief logins and if they are to be merged , how to get them all to come together.... thanks. Also is it possible to make people put there software version in their signature on the new forum ? we waste a lot of time here with that issue ....

you cant move threads BB but you can copy paste and put a link back to the old forum as well in the thread on the new forum...

M.
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5

So now they are going to screw up the format on this forum too. The page does not fit my monitor, and it requires CONSTANTLY moving the bottom scroll bar back and forth and back and forth just to read every sentence! VERY irritating! If I reduce the page size, then you need a magnifier to read the print! Most websites readjust the page to fit the screen when you enlarge that page.

Also, I used to always read the chieftalk forum, and found it to be informative and helpful (even for the lesser HD software). I also really enjoyed seeing the images that were posted. NOW, you can't view the pics unless you are LOGGED-IN. So sad, I don't visit there anymore.

So now they are going to do the same thing here? I always check several times through-out the day, to see if there are new posts or responses, and seeing the images is most necessary to providing any help. I don't plan (being forced) to have to log-in everytime I check this page. I can understand the need to be logged-in to post something.

Perhaps chief architect has never heard that saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". I would think they could find another way to ward off spammers without destroying the easy user friendly format of this forum!
    JoAnn

HD Architectural 10
    HD Suite 6 & 7

Brian, I opened the link previous, created a new ID as it does not allow me to use the old, so my current thread on this forum will become read only? How do we/can we move a thread to the new CA acct?
    The best method for doing this would be to create a new thread on the new HomeTalk forum and include a link to thread on the old HomeTalk page.

I used a new email for the new Forum without thinking about it but now can't access my Digital Locker , so just wondering how to correct that now , as like you say I have I think 4 different Chief logins and if they are to be merged , how to get them all to come together.... thanks.
    KBird, we can get your account fixed up for you if you contact our customer service department or submit a ticket in the online support center. Be sure to include all the relevant information about the new and existing accounts in your ticket.

Also, I used to always read the chieftalk forum, and found it to be informative and helpful (even for the lesser HD software). I also really enjoyed seeing the images that were posted. NOW, you can't view the pics unless you are LOGGED-IN. So sad, I don't visit there anymore.
    One of the advantages of the new forum is you will be able to use the same logon on Chieftalk as HomeTalk, no need to create separate accounts. Once you are logged into one you are logged into both.
    Brian Beck
    Hometalk Admin
    Chief Architect, Inc.

KBird, we can get your account fixed up for you if you contact our customer service department or submit a ticket in the online support center. Be sure to include all the relevant information about the new and existing accounts in your ticket.

One of the advantages of the new forum is you will be able to use the same logon on Chieftalk as HomeTalk, no need to create separate accounts. Once you are logged into one you are logged into both.
    Ooops I already got a new ID over on Chieftalk when you upgraded that forum a couple of months ago so I am I duplicating things?

should I just change the (both) ID email back to the original email ?
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5

So if we already have a new "handle" on the ChiefTalk forum
    how do we use it to create an account on the HomeTalk forum
    so they both will be the same?
    Home Designer Pro 2014

Don't kill your ideas.... Execute them.

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnn View Post
    ....Perhaps chief architect has never heard that saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". I would think they could find another way to ward off spammers without destroying the easy user friendly format of this forum!
    Resistance is futile. Just wait until I start peppering you with negative Reputation Points.
    Home Designer Pro 2014

Don't kill your ideas.... Execute them.

I didn't try it but I am assuming our chief ID gets us onto the new Hometalk from what was said here today....

edit yep I see you over there Rich....
    Last edited by Kbird; 05-13-2014 at 12:28 AM.
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5

Ha! A veritable hornet's nest. Loved your post JoAnn.

As we've got until the end of this week before we are consigned to read only I'll carry on until Thursday and then click on the link in the header. I have had far too many problems computer-wise over the past few weeks to get my head around and I don't want to explode my brain with another just yet which, from what I have read on this post, is exactly what might happen if I launch into it today without girding my loins first.
    Now using Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. RIP Windows XP
    Home Designer 2014 Pro

Yes I think the new Banner Ad for the new forum at the top has screwed up the forums ability to resize automatically on the page , I see it too but have a wide screen 23" monitor so just have to have it almost full width now....
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5

When is all this going to take place?
    Home Designer Suite 2014

fri.16th may
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5