Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Home Talk

Thanks Keith, I thought it was relevant. RIP easy hometalk forum.

Rich... "Engage!"

Mick...lucky for you to have a wide screen monitor!
    JoAnn

HD Architectural 10
    HD Suite 6 & 7

Right, so now I am trying to follow the orders issued from on high but I am more than confused. What, exactly am I supposed to do? I click on the "sign up" button in the blurb at the head of this page and am taken to Home Talk. I see nothing different apart from a "sign in" and "create account" button (the latter takes you to a CA login page) and when I try to either sign in or create a CA account my login details aren't recognised.
    Now using Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. RIP Windows XP
    Home Designer 2014 Pro

Same with mine. I tried to use a / in my forum name and it would not recognize it. I had to use a - .
    Home Designer Suite 2014

As I get older I begin to realise that it is a trait of programmers to make things as difficult as possible for users. Is this something to do with a supposedly "superior" intellect, or what?

"IF your e-mail address is on record a new password will be sent to you". Yes, it is on record. It is the e-mail address to which you send your newsletters so why am I still waiting for this new password 15 minutes after trying the "forgotten password" button??
    Home Designer 2014 Pro

Keith_K, it's payback for kicking sand in his face when you were both 14.
    Home Designer Suite 2014

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	animated-crying-screaming-baby.gif 
Views:	1004 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	14681

Whaaaaaah!
    Home Designer 2014 Pro

Well, I'm giving up trying for today. I have other things to do. Maybe by the time the deadline arrives tomorrow someone will have come along and sorted things out or will have posted step by step instructions on how to proceed when current login details, e-mail addresses and passwords are no longer recognised.
    Home Designer 2014 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_K View Post
    Well, I'm giving up trying for today. I have other things to do. Maybe by the time the deadline arrives tomorrow someone will have come along and sorted things out or will have posted step by step instructions on how to proceed when current login details, e-mail addresses and passwords are no longer recognised.
    You have too create a new user name at least 6 characters long with a new password,all old accounts will be lost. You can use your old email,if you don't you may lose access to your digital locker like me. Your new ID will work here,at Chieftalk and at the Support website login too.

M.
    Last edited by Kbird; 05-15-2014 at 10:51 AM.

The point is, Mick, that I can't even get to the stage to create anything. I am asked for my e-mail address and password. It rejects them. I ask to be reminded of my password. The silence is deafening.
    Home Designer 2014 Pro

So, Brian; I am pretty DUMB when it comes to computers, one of the reason I hate change when I get use to something working a certain way. I can't figure out how to add info to my signature, the way I already have it on the soon to be dead-home talk forum. Is there a 600 page ref manual to read up how to maneuver in the NEW Hometalk forum?
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”

Touche' Bob!
    JoAnn

HD Architectural 10
    HD Suite 6 & 7

@Keith you don't have a password till the new id is created...are you sure you are registering not just logging in? are you trying to use the same password as you use here with the same email address? I cant try it again as it sign me in auto. now if I click on the Banner

@BB Boy see my post on the new forum about adding info to your Sig. Rich has posted some pics on how to do it....

M.
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5

I got there in the end. How much simpler would it all have been if, instead of getting a request for log in details when the "New Home Talk" link is clicked, you got something on the lines of "You need create your new account in order to log in, please" instead of having to read all the tiny print until your find an inconspicuous button tucked away in the top right hand corner of your screen?
    Home Designer 2014 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BB boy View Post
    ....Is there a 600 page ref manual to read up how to maneuver in the NEW Hometalk forum?
    Bob, its kind of hard to produce a manual
    when you are making it up as you go along.
    Home Designer Pro 2014

Don't kill your ideas.... Execute them.

So if we already have a new "handle" on the ChiefTalk forum how do we use it to create an account on the HomeTalk forum. So they both will be the same?
    Yes, they will both be the same. Your Chief Architect account can now be used to access ChiefTalk,Hometalk and your Digital Locker. If you previously downloaded Home Designer from us you already have a Chief Architect account. What you won't have yet unless you had visited Chieftalk is a Chief Architect ID or "handle." The first time you login and access either of the forum sites you will be asked to choose a new Chief Architect ID.

I see nothing different apart from a "sign in" and "create account" button (the latter takes you to a CA login page) and when I try to either sign in or create a CA account my login details aren't recognized.
    Keith are your signing in with your Chief Architect account information or your legacy HomeTalk login? One thing this is different between each is that the Chief account users your email and password where as legacy HomeTalk used your username and password. Currently we don't allow the use of the Chief ID when logging in but it is something we are looking into allowing.

You can use your old email,if you don't you may lose access to your digital locker like me
    Kbird, you will not lose access to your Digital Locker. It sounds like you may have created a new account in addition to the previous account you had to access your Digital Locker. If so you can still log into to your Digital Locker using the old email address and password. You can also give us a call and we can get all your information merged into a single account.

I can't figure out how to add info to my signature, the way I already have it on the soon to be dead-home talk forum.
    Bob, in the upper right corner of the page after you have logged in your see your Chief Architect ID with a little down arrow next to it. Click on your name and a fly out will appear, click "My Settings." This will take you to the User CP where you will see a tab on the left for Signature.

Sorry for all the confusion we are trying to make this process as smooth as possible while understanding that change can sometimes be difficult. One of the main things we are trying to solve with this change is to dig ourselves out of the hole created by forcing all of you to have so many different logins to access our Chief Architect web properties. In order to accomplish this we had to make the decision to move away from the older technology that is currently running this HomeTalk forum and move over to something new that could support everything we needed. Centralizing the account information will allow to add some exciting new features to our website very soon.

Some new features will be seen in the new Home Designer 2015 products. For example for those you who have used our IPad/IPhone app RoomPlanner you know you can save your plans up to the Chief cloud by using your Chief Architect account information. In HD 2015 you will be able to log into that cloud account from within your Home Designer desktop application and import those plans into Home Designer and edit them as if they were normal plans created in Home Designer. One more example in 2015 is the dreaded "emergency transfer password" has been removed. You can now just log into your Chief Architect account from anywhere using your desktop or mobile device and deactivate your license.

Thanks,
    Brian Beck
    Hometalk Admin
    Chief Architect, Inc.