Adding dormer deletes exterior knee walls

Hi,

I've got HD 6.04. I have a mountain cabin plan where there is a second floor in the attic. The roof is a simple gable 10 in 12 pitch. The second floor, which is the the attic room, has 3 foot exterior knee walls to give a bit more room. Everything is fine until I added a dormer. Then the exterior kneew walls are deleted. This is what the elevation should look.

/\
    / \_
    / \|
    / \
    | |
    ------
    | |
    | |
    | |
    ------

This is the way it looks when the dormer is added. Notice that the exterior 2nd floor knee wall is missing.

/\
    / \_
    / \|
    / \
    ------
    | |
    | |
    | |
    ------

Thanks.

Looks like the post removed some of my white space formating but hopefully you can still get the idea.

Smile

response from home designer support. And it worked!

"As you may know, roof heights in the program are determined by the height of the ceilings beneath them. To arrive at a Cape Cod type cabin with a loft on the 2nd floor, I would begin by setting all the ceiling heights - except for the area inside the dormer - at 36". I would also temporarily change the Attic designation of the Attic room areas to something like Storage. Next, enclose both rooms of the dormer area with a wall at the back and leave this area full height and rebuild the roof."