Saving Final View

After I generate a Final View With Exterior Shadows from the 3D view, I want to save it as a .bmp file. When I click on File, and Export, the windows that cover part of the screen "undo" the high resolution rendering and when I save the file as a .bmp file, the parts of the 3D view where the export windows were are changed back to normal resolution. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    Dan

I just tried it and I didn't have that problem. I am guessing it is a video card issue. You might be able to update your video card drivers and that might fix it. Personally, I think updating drivers is a pain and just a little bit of a gamble whether it will make things better or worse.

An easier solution might be to use the Print Screen button instead of using the file>export menu. If you use the Print Screen button, you can then paste the screen into a program like Paint and save it from there.

Hi Dan --

Some problems may be related to 'fading menus' in XP -- in your Display Properties, choose Appearance, then Effects. Turn off fading menus and transitions... see if that helps.

Alternatively, use printscreen as suggested.

To use the "Printscreen" option do this:

- Get the view you want
    - Hold down the Ctrl key
    - While holding down Ctrl, hit the "Prt Scr" button
    - Open MS Paint
    - Choose "Paste" -- the entire screen will be captured

You can now cut out the part of the image you want.
    John Pallett
    Product Manager
    Chief Architect (ART Inc.)
    Makers of Home Designer