Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaMan
    What I'm trying to accomplish is to create a room above the garage as a bonus room.
    Article Number 904: How to create a bonus room above a garage
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Thanks Katalyst777, that looks like it's pretty much what I want to do. I'll try it tonight. I do have one question on the procedure. It says to create a new second floor which I've done before. I then removed the walls I didn't want and added others to make the outline and alligned them with the lower walls. The thing I'm confused about is before it says to draw the missing walls to define the room above the garage it says to pick all gable walls and mark them as full gable walls in the dialog. Am I wrong thinking there are only two walls to do this with, the two end walls? One of these in my case exist and the other I have to draw which is the step after the article says to choose them and change them in the dialog. Just to be clear, would I first get the room defined with all 4 walls, then choose the end two and make them full gable walls in my plan, then go on to the ceiling and the rest of the instruction?

Last I have a dumb question. Where do I find the articles such as the one you posted? I haven't run across them yet and obviously I should have.

Thanks
    TeaMan

I recreated the bonus room following the instructions and it worked.

Teaman
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Floorplan2.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	8065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof Problem.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	8066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roof inside.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	8067