Hybrid View

Question Video walkthrough

I am trying to make a video walkthrough of my model. My questions are..

Can i make it more frames per second, withOUT making it faster? because i dont want it to be choppy, but i dont want to zoom through the house either.

What settings should i use for best quality?

Can i make several small videos, then somehow link them together into one movie type file, with music and effects? Because if i mess something up, and have already gone almost through the whole house, i dont want to have to redo the entire thing.

Is there an easier way to go about this that i just dont know about?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, help me out. THANK YOU!

What version of the software are you using? Normal walkthrough or walkthrough along a path?
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Can i make it more frames per second, withOUT making it faster? because i dont want it to be choppy, but i dont want to zoom through the house either.

Recording frame rate and playback frame rate are independent. If you record at 100 fps and play back at "normal speed" (30 fps), your video will be slower, not faster.

What settings should i use for best quality?

Experiment with frame rate and compression values. Usually it's a compromise between quality and file size. Very low compression and high frame rates could produce huge files (depending on record time, of course).

Can i make several small videos, then somehow link them together into one movie type file, with music and effects? Because if i mess something up, and have already gone almost through the whole house, i dont want to have to redo the entire thing.

If you have Vista (only in some versions? Not sure) you can use Windows Movie Maker. Otherwise something like Pinnacle Studio. Lots of effects, both visual and sound.

There was lots of discussion about this over on Chieftalk a while back. I think you have to join to do a search...

Hope this helps
    Doug S.

HD Pro 9 (Build 9.6.1.1)
    Sketchup 7
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

First of all, Katalyst, and CDS, i appriciate the instant reply to my thread! Katalyst, i am using Home Designer Pro 7.0, and what do you mean along a path? What i have been doing is very time consuming and complicated. I have gone into "Render View Tools", "Render Full Camera", then, using my keyboard, inched my way around. PLEASE tell me there is an easier way. And CDS, thank you so much for the info, that is deffinatly useful!