Hybrid View

Problems With Objects From Library

I recently purchased AHD version 8 and have been spending time acquainting myself with its features. One thing I'm not able to do, though I'm following all the steps correctly I believe, is to put a picture frame on a wall and insert a picture in it from the library. Neither can I choose a specific carpet or rug texture or, for that matter, get shingles on a roof. All I'm getting when I attempt to do these things is to transfer a color. The specific items from the library just won't transfer. What's up with that?

Article Number 137: How to hang a picture on a wall

First place a rug from the Library Browser under Furnishings(Interior)> Interior Accessories> Rugs. Once you've placed it in your plan, click on it, choose Open Object, go to the Materials tab, click on the Select Material button, find a material you like and set it.

To change the material on your roof, select Build> Roof> Build Roof and in the dialog, go to the Materials tab, select the Roof, change the material, click OK.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

For whatever reason, though I'm doing all of these things, it's not working. I watched the tutorial twice...I've got the steps down...the selected items just won't transfer for me.

What type of view are you in? If you're in a Cross Section, instead take a Full Camera view.

Also, in your camera view, select the 3D menu, make sure that you aren't in Low Detail or that you've somehow toggled off your textures.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

That's it! Success! Somehow I had managed to toggle off the textures. It appears to be working well now. Thanks for your help! And man, what a difference it makes in the realism of the design.