Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Overlaying furniture on rugs

I'm just learning this software so forgive me if this is a rookie questions: When I add an area rug to my floorplan and then a desk (for example) on top of it (using the CTRL key to move the desk), the floorplan interprets the desk as being under the rug and will not show it or print it. The desk will show, however, in the 3d view. How can I move the rug so that it will be begind the rug?

The only way that I know of to control this is to place the rug first then the desk. Objects are drawn in the order that they are placed in the plan.

Area Rugs and Window Coverings

Your suggestion for bordered area rugs worked *perfectly* and I'm very pleased with how they came out.

I think I've also figured out what I've read in other posts about using soffits for window coverings. I got some nice 'straight on' shots of roman shades and woven wooden shades from the internet and cropped them tight; placed a soffit the right height and width but only 1" deep onto the window; then placed the window covering as a texture onto the soffit. Voila! I have exactly the shades I was looking for.

I'm pretty impressed with the functionality of this software for only $99.

Thanks a million for the ideas and suggestions!

Joyce

Placing an area rug under furniture

I would like to place an area rug under a table, but the best I can do is put it beside the table. How do I get underneath?

Hold down the Control button while dragging the rug where you want it. It may look like it's on top of the table, but in 3D view it will be correct.

Control-Drag works for any item that won't move where you want it to using the normal method.
    Kathleen Moore
    Chief X6 X5 X4 X3 X2 -- Thea Render
    www.castleview3d.com
    Email: kathleen.moore@castleview3d.com
    Blog: "Life Should Be 3D"
    Follow CastleView 3D on Facebook or Houzz

Area rugs

How do you get the area rugs to be just that in a room? The time I tried it it came out looking like wall-to-wall carpeting instead so Ihaven't tried since. But just installed the Mohawk floor rugs so if I know how to do it better, I could give it a try.
    Thanks

Have you first selected an area rug template from Pillows and Rugs in Interior Accessories in Furnishings Interior? The rugs in Flooring and Mohawk choices are just materials that are applied once you select a template.
    BERNADETTE GRANT
    Legal Assistant by Day - Designer by Nite
    HD Pro 7.08b
    Divorced from VISTA ... Happily Reunited with XP

Search this forum for "area rugs;" there are dozens of posts on this. Mohawk is not individual rugs- it's a carpet material. If you only want it in a specific area, you'll need to draw invisible walls to contain it, or choose a real area rug and paint it with the Mohawk material.

Every object has a height to it. Most area rugs have a height of 19 mm by default. If you want to place it under a table for example you must change the floor to bottom height of your table from 0 to 19 mm to elevate it and place you rug underneath it just like you would with a piece of furniture in your own home.

zapiti.

To avoid what Kathleen mentioned about it looking like the rug is on top of the table in 2D, I would start out by placing the rug first, then the table and hold down the control key to move it into place.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Mohawk Rugs

I've downloaded Mohawk Rugs but I cannot place in my living room. I can see them in the materials but when I click on it nothing happen.
    JC
    4GB DDR2-800Mhz duo channel SDRAM (4x1024)
    3Gb Hard drive from 750Gb 7200 rpm - SATA
    512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS
    Brazil

They are materials
    They have to be applied to a surface.
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Here is picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Living Room with Rug.JPG 
Views:	286 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	3791  
    JC
    4GB DDR2-800Mhz duo channel SDRAM (4x1024)
    3Gb Hard drive from 750Gb 7200 rpm - SATA
    512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS
    Brazil

Area Rubs on Top of other flooring materials

New user with only the Interior Designer package. In the materials list there are choices for area rugs, but when I select to place on top of a base flooring material nothing happens. I assume there needs to be some sort of layering or paint on type approach used here. I searched the help screen without finding what I need. Thanks for help -- by the way rugs, not rubs.
    Last edited by parkersykes; 06-28-2008 at 06:27 AM.

If you are attempting to place an area rug, you need to select the object from the Library Browser, furnishings, interior.

Than you can go to the materials list in the Library Browser to select an material to apply to the object.

Unless of course, you are trying to apply the area rug material as the whole floor coloring for that room, than you would open the dialogue box for the room, select flooring, and then select material list or plan list to find the material that you are wanting to use.
    Home Designer Pro 10