Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks you Momma Dee, I'm having the same problem with putting a picture on the wall. I'll do some experimenting, thanks again.

Same theory; you have to select the picture frame from the Library Browser, Furnishings (Interior). Than you open up the object, select "picture", and select "New".

You must have objects to accept materials.
    Home Designer Pro 10

Problems With Objects From Library

I recently purchased AHD version 8 and have been spending time acquainting myself with its features. One thing I'm not able to do, though I'm following all the steps correctly I believe, is to put a picture frame on a wall and insert a picture in it from the library. Neither can I choose a specific carpet or rug texture or, for that matter, get shingles on a roof. All I'm getting when I attempt to do these things is to transfer a color. The specific items from the library just won't transfer. What's up with that?

Article Number 137: How to hang a picture on a wall

First place a rug from the Library Browser under Furnishings(Interior)> Interior Accessories> Rugs. Once you've placed it in your plan, click on it, choose Open Object, go to the Materials tab, click on the Select Material button, find a material you like and set it.

To change the material on your roof, select Build> Roof> Build Roof and in the dialog, go to the Materials tab, select the Roof, change the material, click OK.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

For whatever reason, though I'm doing all of these things, it's not working. I watched the tutorial twice...I've got the steps down...the selected items just won't transfer for me.

What type of view are you in? If you're in a Cross Section, instead take a Full Camera view.

Also, in your camera view, select the 3D menu, make sure that you aren't in Low Detail or that you've somehow toggled off your textures.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

That's it! Success! Somehow I had managed to toggle off the textures. It appears to be working well now. Thanks for your help! And man, what a difference it makes in the realism of the design.