Hybrid View

Cabinet Default (from Edit Mode)

Hi, I can't seem to set the cabinet default for my selected material. It works perfectly well for the cabinet doors but not for the cabinet or drawers. It's no big deal but if any one can help it would be appreciated. Many thanks.
    {Home Designer Deluxe}

I am not sure exactly what you are doing or why it is not working but here are some random thoughts...

You might be changing the default materials under General Materials instead of for each cabinet on the material tab of the cabinet defaults dialog.

You might be changing the default material for your base cabinet but looking at your wall cabinet,or full height cabinet, or any one of a number of combinations.

You might be changing the default materials for your cabinets but you already have cabinets in your plan that are no longer using the default material so they won't change. Once you use the spray can tool or you open up a cabinet dialog and change it's material then it is no longer marked as "use default" and changing the default won't affect it.

Hi, before starting to add Cabinets to the Plan, I go to Edit - Default Settings - General Materials - Cabinet Door / Drawer. I then chose my Material. I then go to Cabinet and chose my Material. When I place a Cabinet (any style) in to the Plan, the Door is in my chosen Material but the Drawer and the Cabinet are in the original Default setting (White.) As I mentioned earlier it's no big deal because I can set the Cabinet Specification for each unit individually or use the Material Painter. It's more the fact that I must be doing something wrong - but what?

You are only changing the general materials and this won't affect your cabinets how you are expecting. You need to open up each of the cabinet defaults by first opening the Default Settings dialog and then going to Cabinets and then Base Cabinet and then clicking on the Edit button. Once you are in the Base Cabinet Defaults dialog, go to the Materials tab and change the materials there. Do this for wall and full height cabinets as well and everytime you place a cabinet it will have what you want.

Personally, I think changing the materials in the defaults is more work then just using the spray can when they have already been built.

Many thanks. I never saw the Cabinet Setting in the Default Settings - must need glasses. As you say the spray can is the way to do it!