Export to DXF garbled

I now have planning for my new house, designed on Pro 7 and need to get engineering drawings made up.

I am using a structural engineer who uses AutoCAD for this. I have tried exporting floor plans and sectional views to DXF format so that he can import them but he says that the files are garbled and it is easier to start from scratch. Has anyone else had this issue and is there anything I can do to improve the files – turning off unnecessary layers or cleaning out the plan in some way perhaps?

One slight issue I have is that I only have an old copy of AutoCAD light and that won’t open the files at all.

Any ideas?
    Pip
    HD Pro 2012

Most users export each floor one at a time to a different DXF file. This is found by using File> Export> Current View. Then make sure to check "Export only displayed Layers"

To simplify things further uncheck the option to split wall assemblies into layers, although in many cases this allows users to have more control in acad so they can show only the layers they want.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

Thanks All

I did in the end manage to get something out that was said to be helpful at least as a guide in AutoCAD but I have ended up with an architect who doesn’t use CAD at all. He is happy to use my drawings for the floor plans elevations and cross-sections needed for Building Regs. & Constructional drawings.

I need to put in a lot more detail in than I did for the Planning drawings so expect lots more questions!!

Thanks again
    Pip
    HD Pro 2012