Door sill height

I have an urban building whose doors open right at sidewalk level. Home design deluxe renders the doors about 8 inches up. I can't drag them down. How can I get this to happen. This software is not very friendly toward urban conventions in general.

You should be able to drag the doors wherever you want with unrestricted movement by holding down the Ctrl key.

However, I suspect that you may need to lower your floor height to get the effect that you are looking for.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Like Kat said, your door is up because it is sitting on the floor..
    Try changing the height of the floor or raise the terrain.
    Slab foundation might be what you need.
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Katalyst777
    You should be able to drag the doors wherever you want with unrestricted movement by holding down the Ctrl key. However, I suspect that you may need to lower your floor height to get the effect that you are looking for.
    Yup. This worked but I do need to lower the floor. How do I do that?

Double-click a room with the Select Objects tool or select a room and click the Open Object edit button to open the Room Specification dialog.

On the General tab of the Room Specification dialog box you will see Floor Height.

Sounds like yours will need go to negative eight inches (if your original assessment that the door was eight inches too high was correct).

Make sure to get rid of the "(D)" otherwise the sneaky program will reset to the default value for floor height!
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7