Thread: roof

roof

okay so let me explain my layout out first my first floor plan is larger then my second floor plan and the roof is suppose to hit the first floor ceiling. and on top of this I need to add an intersecting gable on one side and I have a porch roof. I hope I explained the roof well.

What version of the software do you have?
    What do you have on the plan so far? Can you post a picture of the roof already generated within the program so we can see what is happening?
    Can you post a picture of the roof that you are trying to achieve?
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Cool Same roof problem

Sounds like the same problem I have. Infact are you designing the same house...lol. Mine is a 1 1/2 storey home with the upstairs over the living /kitchen and just a roof over the master bedroom. I also have two porchs front and rear. The rear porch shows but the front which runs the full span will not. Something about extending walls comews up but I can't seem to fix it. You know the rext.

ok I'm using home designer pro 7.0, um well I'm going to post exactly what I'm trying to put on to this program its a copy of a floor plan and two elevations. I have all these plans that I need to put on this program so we can make changes on customer requests.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I did this in Deluxe in a few minutes. If you could give us a little more insight into where you're experiencing the difficulty with your roof, I'm sure many of us would be happy to help. And since you have Pro, I believe that you don't have to rely soley on the the automatic roof generator, which should make it even easier!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Testing123.JPG 
Views:	220 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	1286  
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7